Monday, March 14, 2011

it is Windy today and I predict it will be windy tomorrow. I"m glad we had a few days of nice weather.though I think I still would like to head to the shire for the summer. :)
oooh if you guys ever get the chance I would like to recommend a book called citizen of the galaxy by Robert Heinlein.
as you can probably tell by the title it is a science fiction, so if you don't have any qualms about si-fi it's a good read.
it starts with a young boy, a slave, at an auction. he is bought by an old beggar, who turns out not to really be a beggar but a spy. anyway he is given and education and finally set free but he doesn't know who he is because he doesn't have any ID soooo..... his adventures finding out who he is and what comes of it. :)
I was surprised. most of the science fiction I read is star wars. I don't read ci fi that much.
As far as I have read any book by tedd dekker is worth thinking about reading. the lost books series is very good, although I cannot honestly recommend the last two in the six book series. it could be quite confusing for younger kinds.
the circle series which accompanies it is really good but geared more towards teens as some of it may be inappropriate for much younger kids.
Blink of an eye could be considered a historical fiction or just fiction. A Saudi princess escapes to the U.S and teams up with a high IQ, clairvoyant, collage dude. awesome read. it deals with weather or not God is read on the basis of his knowing what future is going to happen but being able to chose what future actually takes place, and underlying theme is that prayer can change the future.
Also the difference between Islam and Christianity, and the treatment of women. I'll say good for all ages. :)
Raising Dragons by Brian Davis what good but not necessarily phenomenal. (want phenomenal? read LOTR)
see ya guys around don't forget to comment or sighn the guest book!!! 
Haley

4 comments:

Junior Josie said...

Howdy!
I'm actually reading The Lost Books series by Ted Dekker right now. I've read the first four and am starting on the fifth... You say you didn't like the last two as much as the first four?

lauren said...

NO I did not actually. they have all of the books of history by the end of book four. the last two books, lunatic and elyon, are about johnis, Sylvie and darsal after they come back to middle. Darsal drowns, falls in love with a scab. johnis becomes posses by a vampiress, both johnis and Sylvie become scabs. the whole thing about the vampires got a little difficult for me to figure out because of what she says in book six. they aren't bad... just different and I don't think they are as good.
I did like the others though.

Junior Josie said...

Ah I see... yeah, when I got to the end of the fourth book I was like, "Okay, mission accomplished, so why write two whole more books?" Seems a little pointless to me...
Did you like the Circle series though?
What about Showdown, Saint, and Sinner? Have you read those?

lauren said...

I have not gotten that far though I would like to read them I think my next one will be skin. but not until after I read inkdeath. I have been waiting for a while to finish the ink series and I don't want to start a new series just yet.