Thursday, March 15, 2012

This week was pretty cool. I was at a sewing camp as a councilor. I taught a sewing group which started out as four and slowly dwindled to two by the end of the week.
some of the students left early and some were pulled from my group to even out the teacher/student ratio.
My study group was larger.
we had originally had fifteen students signed up for the class. but one helper and two students couldn't come..
There was one girl in my group who has been in foster care and hasn't seen her mom for six years. it was awesome just to be able to hang with her and get to know her.
I can't wait to see if she starts taking classes.

1 comment:

Warrior said...

That's great that you were able to do that. In all the classes I've taken (sewing, guitar, etc) I'm always a student, but end up being the unsaid helper. :D

And that's really great that you were able to meet that girl. I'm sure she had a very blessed time. :)