Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm allways getting told to relax.
"relax Haley, relax; let yourself unroll."
ugg. yeah, relax.
I'm never completely relaxed and I'm never very tense.
uggh.
last night I found out what it means to relax.
It means you are so like jelly that when your head tips back you are straining every muscle in your stumack and neck just to bring your head forward!
it means that you can hardly do a crunch mecause you aren't able to pull yourself up.
that's how "relaxed" I was made.
otherwise known as being turned to pulp.
how did I get this way?Judo.
why am I taking Judo?
I have no idea right now.
what happened?
I was learning how to fall.
foreign idea.
I land on my feet.
anyway your supposed to relax. curl you back. tuck you chin. and kinda fall/roll backwards or side ways. and slap the mat. this all has to be done in the right form.
ugg
.curling your back the way they wanted goes agains all good standing and riding posture. Josh told me that too. even though I already knew that. some how I was not able to stay curlded up and relaxed I ended up rolling most of the way down then flattening like a board when it cam to my back which made me fall flat chich in turn would wing my head away from my chest. that in turn made me hit my head against the hard mats or give me a whipplash typ thing.
ether way. my the end of the night my neck and stumack were like jelly.
hitting my head against the matt wasn't so bad, cencea (sensea, censea,how do you spell japanies?) Josh was helping me and he told me to keep my chin tucked in or I would hurt myself.
I sucked.
like the kung fu panda.
sucked
sucked
sucked
he told me it was okay to suck I was a white belt.
thank you master josh. (barrowing from tea kwon do here with the master)ya know I really try to do my best but last nights falling was a major fail.
I'm sure I'll need ti when I get flipped but am I really going to need the side roll jumping/falling out of a tree?
anyway after awhile he got Kaity to work with me. She's nice. I think I was boring Josh. :) lol.e
xcept that as long as I kept smiling he smiled and if I wasnt' he wasn't I geuss your moond does affect people.
anyway.
I'm a little hedgehog!
I'm a little hedgehog!
I'm a little hedgehog!!!
ok.
Kaity asked what my name was and I sid "guess."
she said "it would take forever"
so I said "it starts with "H"" (this is for the sake sof keeping my name to my self I didn't really say it started whith "h" and she didn't guess ahley she guessed my name.)
she guessed Haley!
when we were still doing rolls she said do this be a little hedgehog."your a hedgehog. you are now my little hedgehog!!I'll probaly forget that my thursday though too."
Josh came back over.
Kaity asked Josh do you know her name.
Josh says "no, what's your name?"
I said "guess."
josh: "if you make me guess I'm just going to call you white belt."
"Haley"
Is it just me or do guys just not like guessing?
oh, well.now I'm just alittle sore. :)
when I go back if that ask what my name is i'll tell them the hedghog. but that's my judo nickname so I think it's off limits for you guys for now.

after judo last night Lane decided to me funny. He held two tiolet paper rolles to his head and pretended to charge me. I stck out my fistlike I was punching him be fore he got too close. He ran right into it.He fall over on the floar moaning apparently I really hurt him. I shoudl have do karate instead on judo.I said if I had hit him just a little bit lower he would have hurled on me.as it was I had hit him square in the chest. :)lucky me.
-the hedgehog

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

This is a terribly long time after you wrote this post, but it amused me beyond reason, so I had to comment.
First of all, I wish I could take Judo. You are so lucky.
Second of all, you're hilarious.
Third of all, it's not necessarily that guys don't like guessing (though they are less likely to do so), it's that he's apparently the master (what do they call the master in judo? Tae Kwan Do is sensei, so I'm just curious, because sensei is about all I know because we have one at our church). And masters don't take lip or anything. :P They're typically more serious. Though, I don't know about yours. They're just generally going to be more drill-seargent like. Or so I have seen.
And don't do karate. What a useless martial art. It's all show. Nothing practical. Judo...practical.