Saturday, April 23, 2011

The passion of the Chirst

OMG, We watched the Passion of the christ last night. before we even turned it on mom brought out two rolls of toulet paper on for her and one for every one else to blow their noses.
Just FYI I have been waiting to watch this movie for and entire year. we were going to watch it last easter but we didn't so we watched it this year. Ididn't know it was going to be in hebrew but it was good.
It was very hard to watch. Not just the beating of Christ and the brutality of it but also Saten.
The beating, flogging, of Jesus was horrific what that kind of pain felt like I do not want to know. I know that because I it was a movie they couldn't quite portray it to it's full extent. His back was flayed yes but in actuallity he the wounds would be so extensive as to expose his spine.. it was hard the  pain that he went through for my sake is to my mind unfathomable. Not only to go through that pain but to know that at any time he could have called it off and said "no more." To be completely seperated from the father. Knowing that the only purpose of coming to earth was to be sloughtered. ouch. To carry the weight of the world on dislocated shoulders. THat shoule have been us up there. It should have been me up there. He didn't have to drink the cup.
Saten and his demons were hard to watch as well. I found his demons very disturbing. they were ugly and strange. He was not he was evil and it could be seen but it was differant. he was cloaked in black his face was pale. he was not ugly, you could almost call him handsom, but he was evil he. when he appeared with the snake that was strange but when he appeared later craddleing a demon child that was...indescribable. he was rejoycing over Jesus's death.
What was most desturbing to me about saten is that you could see that he was evil and hate him as Jesus enemy but you can't just desmiss him from the story. what was desturbing was I found myself looking to see him in there more often than he was. (personally I always beleived he would be there dancing at the foot of the cross as jesus died because he beleived that he had won.) As a Christian I hate him and I find it Ironic that the great deceiver deceived himself.

No comments: