Tuesday, January 31, 2012

something tittleless

I"m gonna work on my dress today. :D
It's going OK doing some tweaking of the pattern.
I"m also hoping that I can hitch a ride with some one next week to go to the Ultimate Frisbee game. It has been so long since I played.
If I can't get a ride then I can't go cause we have a tourney on that day that is hosted by our dojo. :)
My church is doing a Sunday school class on defending your faith. I'm going to it while the rest of my family is in service to prep for this upcoming spring brake retreat. I think it is so incredibly amazing to find evidence that backs my faith so that it isn't blind, so that I can have every confidence in the word of God.
So, the pastor was covering common arguments against the Christian faith and last week's was, "the bible is so old that it has been mistranslated and isn't reliable" (or something along those lines) I have to laugh in myself because at my old church I heard some one say that only the King James bible was accurate and all others were corrupted. So I had to laugh.
The fact is that they are not. yes, some of the newer bibles are in the 'modern talk', how we talk today (who says: 'behold! mine eyes have beheld the glory of the Lord' instead of  'Hey! I just saw God's glory'?). The meaning of the Bibles we have now are the essentially the same as what they had during the Roman occupation.
yes, there are some variations, hundreds of copies were made of copies of copies, so there are some differences were the scribes slipped up, or changed the passage a little to have subject-verb agreement and stuff but if you look at the context it's essentially the same.
So essentially, the New King James Bible, the study bibles and stuff aren't corrupted versions. THERE THE SAME, just written with modern language instead of "lo and behold."
Done my rant.
Yeah I admit I get uptight about stuff like that, when people say the version of the Bible I read is corrupted without having the facts strait or say that the drums and other hard instruments are from the devil. So the drums and the electric guitar are to us what the harp and lyre were to King David!!
Screamo, Rap and Pop music, yeah there are a lot of bad artists who sing bad lyrics but that doesn't mean Skillet is sinful.
on a side note I don't even like screamo music much (I cant understand what they're saying very well) but I do like Rap, Pop, and Country. As well as Christian music.
This is a long post.


No comments: