Thursday, October 18, 2012

prayer

Lately Mom has been reading to us kids a book on prayer tittled "wrestling prayer" bu Eric and leslie Ludy. We are about half way through it I believe, and it's been good. Eric is a little (ok, a lot) long winded and he takes a while to get to the heart of his point, but it has been pretty good. I would recommend it.
So far it's mostly about how, today, the Christian walk has been watered down a lot, especially in the area of prayer, how we could see so much more happen if we took the time to struggle in prayer with God. How prayer really is a struggle against the powers of darkness. How we should spend so much time praying and striving, calling on God for things to happen. How we need to pray with complete faith and trust in God. How God's wisdome is not our Wisdom. How we can walk with King David's "Swagger," That we are God's chosen and we can act like it, no power of darkness can stand if we struggle in prayer instead of hust a humdrum 'religous' sounding prayer."
It also talks about how God is affectionate. He gave Jacob a nickname, "Israiel." and David, "a man after God's own heart." That we to can have "nicknames." If we take the time.
It's been interesting. I didn't care for it at first. but I think it's interesting now.
I just think it's funny. I think mom started reading it to us because she wanted to "teach us to pray," because when we pray all together some of us ssay some rather simple prayers and stuff. I think it's funny because I do that, but it's because I don't particularly like praying in front of people. even if it's my own family. I do quite a bit of hard praying when i'm on my own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I shall look for this book! Prayer is an amazing thing, is it not? I tend to use it personally as my lead weapon in spiritual warfare. In fact, I came to butting heads with our current day distorted christianity fairly recently. I recommend the book entitled "Water, Fire, Wind" by Bo Cassell. It has been helping me figure out where my own walk went so wrong, so I can have a fresh start, and I have learned to seek a fresh annointing of God's love and power every day.

Thank you for posting this.

And always remember: When you call on the Lord, you summon all of heaven. :) Pray on, young Christian~!

~Paul