Tuesday, November 15, 2011

a peom

if you passed me on the street today would you recognize me?
would you stop and say hello today or would you pull away?
be careful what you do to me, my heart is in your hands,
and if you were to crush me 'twould be hard to make amends.
I"m not the girl I thought I was,
i've come so far so fast
and if a stranger passed me by or even some one I knew
It wouldn't really matter, sad to say but true.
Unless you were a dear old friend
and then my heart would break not bend.
watch me as I make my way,
please don't let me go astray.
if you were to let me go,
I'd not count you as a foe.
don't let me forget from whence I came.
before I started to play this game
now my hearts a stony hall
bereft of tears that never fall.
you may not pick me from the croud,
I never raise my voice aloud.
but deep inside I want your love
but even most from God above.
I stand here in this lonely crowd,
future hanging like a cloud.
meant for more but never wanting
what I thought might be my calling.


3 comments:

Grace said...

WOW that was beautiful! thanks for posting it

Warrior said...

That WAS beautiful!

lauren said...

daw... they like it... :)

thanks guys... you make me feel special. :)
-master