Monday, February 6, 2012

It's melting...

The snow is actually melting outside. I can't believe it. I know it's not spring. there's going to be about two or three more months of winter ahead before it actually all melts. this is sad. I actually want to go outside and run around and play tag (see I am a normal kid).
My mom found a dead chicken in our coop this morning, we are now down to five hens.
Actually with today's warm weather whatever eggs we get might now be frozen. do you know what happens when Chicken eggs freeze? the yolk gets all funny and gooey. almost solid. they become only good for baking. Not good for eating.

My little brother got sick today with what ever me and my little sister had. poor him. He's currantly laying on the couch and listening to 'The Horse and His Boy' by C.S. Lewis.

this morning I found myself severly lacking during Bible time. Zephania is only three or four chapters and I'd never read it till today. I need to go back and read all those obsure little books at the end of the old testament and read them. We all get told the story of Jonah when we are little so we know the story but I wonder how often we actually read the crash course in marine biology once we've grown up a little. I know I haven't.

I still can't believe the snow has melted off the trees and is dripping off the roof. :P

I'm going to work on my dress in a few minutes. gonna start tackeling the skirt. I pretty much have to make the entire dress out of muslin because it's a straight dress and I don't want a straight dress. I want it full and flared.
When it's finished it will be blue and sparkly black.
last night I was lieing awake thinking about what kind of shoulder/strapps I wanted to do. Because I drew it with one shoulder but I was rethinking if that was really what I wanted to do or if I wanted to do interlacing strapsor some kind of halter or both. I think I'll decide when I get there.

For school I had to read Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. That's a fun book. I've read it about three times and unlike Frankenstien I don't mind reading it before bed.
I like it better because it's a picture of humanity: Our sin-nature warring with what we know is right.

1 comment:

Mom said...

The dress prototype is looking awesome; I can hardly wait to see the real thing. love ya, mom