Monday, November 15, 2010

ok guys I'm back though I may be gone again for a while.
latest new: judo tournament on Saturday. i took first place in my division. I"m a yellow belt and I fought girls who out ranked me and had had allot more practice and experience I've had less than a year of fighting under my belt.
all my siblings also took first or second.
it was good though I did come away hurt and tired. the past two days I've had to take naps in the afternoon which is very unusual... I heal slowly.
one of the girls that was a blue belt I fought three times and beat her twice. she beat me once. she was the most difficult. she only did like one throw but she was quick.  she was really irritating though she kept screeching at me "SIKE" every time she tried to throw and most of the time she didn't get it. the sike is supposed to disorient the opponent or something it didn't work very well except for the first two or three times she did it then it was just irritating

I don't understand why people leave the mat crying.. it's poor sportsmanship. why can't they lose gracefully?
why do people fight mad? don't they understand that when your mad you leave yourself open in a fight because you can't make very clear decisions?

oh, the first time I fought this girl I won the second time I lost and since it was double elimination I knew i would fight her again and so the sensie was telling me what I should do but when I got to the other side of the mat she wasn't ready so david told me what throw I should do to get her I got out there and I think my sensie was reffinf that one but my four friends/coaches were all sitting in a row Jeramy, Brett, Tyler and David. all rooting for me and coachig me. Tyler said they were all like great big kids "GO! go!" though I happen to notice in the video that David was the only one who clapped for me in that line when they announced the ippon.

we tape our matches so that we can watch how we did when we get home and learn what to do better.
  it also irritates me when one of the sensies know that one dojo is really good at a particular throw and will beat every one with it and so he banns it from the fight.

No comments: