Thursday, November 22, 2012

Hey ya'll, it's thanksgiving.
You probably already knew that, but i thought I would just say it again.
it's the one day a year set aside for being thankful. Although we should really be thankful everyday.
Today I also like to remember the pilgrims and the founding of america.
I thank God for my country, I have so much to be thankful for here, from the big things like Freedom, the ability to chose our representatives and presidant, Freedom of Religion, freedom of speach and of the press, to the small things. Things like Family, Friends, Food, and the various talents and abilities that God has given me.
I'm thankful for each of the individual members of my family.
For my dad, because he's faithful. He's faithful to my mom and has been married to her for twenty(+?) years. He's been faithful all that time to go to work every day to provide for his family. He's almost never serious, always funny and always ready for icecream.
For my Mom, because she's always there and always loves us. She's always taken care of whatever we need and always making sure that we are prepared for whatever happens. She does what she thinks is best even when we don't like it and has helped me through tough times.
For my older brother, because he's sweet and hilarious. He is thoughtful and has always been there for me, and when he wasn't he lets me cry on his shoulder about anything.
For my little brother, because he's obnoxous and hilarious and likes to tease me about being short. Because he has the mind of an enginear and is great at math and science where I'm terrible and enjoys reading my stories and tells me they are great.
For my sweet little sister who just gave me a fudge covered oreo. Who asks me all sorts of questions that I don't care to answere and throws me a welcome home party when im gone and decorates the whole house for me. Who likes Go Fish and hates it when I stay up late at night reading.
I love my family and am greatful to have them all with me to day. I'm more greatful to have them this year than last year, I keep the hein family in my prayers as this will me the first thanksgiving without their eldest daughter.

No comments: