Monday, November 21, 2011

judo, the love/hate

Judo, the love and hate of my existence.
You could say I hate judo really except on the days that I don't have it because when you really get down to it I really quite dislike all the push ups, stand up fighting and step ins.
Then at the tournaments I don't like the butterflies in my stomach. those are the worst ever. I happen to know that my opponent feels as sick to the stomach as I do. I hate knowing I could lose and not being strong enough.
Regardless, I live for the fighting and the grappling. For the tournaments and the butterflies. The buddies and the jokes. learning knew techniques. It's amazing.

what's not amazing is getting punched in the gut when you didn't see it coming... :P I love this stuff. so much fun.

4 comments:

Warrior said...

I have never expirianced it from that angle.
Oh yeah, and I don't ever remember bring punched in the gut. I just remeber when I was sick, and off ballance, and punched my friend with unnessesary force doing my first sparring setion. I felt so bad.

lauren said...

haha being punched actually had nothing to do with judo except that my bro put me on my knees with the wind knocked out of me just before I wrote that.

Warrior said...

That's what brothers are for. :P

lauren said...

yes. they are awesome. I don't know what I would do without him.