Saturday, December 10, 2011

I feel like some kind of celebrity or something when I"m sitting or walking around the tournament (in normal clothes( no gi)) and people ask who or if I"m fighting, and that they like my new haircut on me. I didn't fight today. I still can't take my earrings out and I haven't been feeling well. oh well. still makes me feels special when the little girl tells the older boy, "Jared, I know who she is and I don't even know her name!" and high fives me for some of my fights.
I feel special.
two of my old apponants were fighting today. a 'buddy' and the girl I sent to the hospital last time. my buddy hadn't fought her in years she said. she was asking if she was as strong as she remembered, said she was nervous and stuff. I told her she could do it, she beat me... once... a long time ago. That wasn't met with much appreciation. :) oh well.
She did really well. totally slaughtered the girl. since there was only the two of them in their division the refs just let them go and get as many points as they could in 3 mins instead of stopping the match after the first point. It was a slaughter fest. She won both fights with a minimum of three ippons in as many or less minutes. The mercy rule kept her from timing out the clock with more points.
the mercy rule is if you have three points on your apponant then the mach is over or else it becomes worse slaughter.
It was good.
I will go back and fight next time a think, it was good to have a break this tourney though. Really nice not having butterflies the whole day anticipating the fight.

No comments: