Thursday, November 17, 2011

for cutters

I have been asked why so many people cut. Why I have cut.
first off i want to say this, if you cut, please stop. please, please don't do it again.
I admit that I did it and that sometimes now it white knuckle not to want it, but it's not something I could wish on others or recomend.
Yes, It seems to help for a time, that it's better to cause yourself physical pain than suffer the emotional pain or what have you. It will only get worse. it helps maybe for a night and a day before you want it again.

so here are the reasons some people cut, I don't know all of them but I will do my best to answer the question.
One reason maybe that we think we aren't good enough we don't make the cut. So we make the cut. Or two. Or three. Or twenty. This can never make us worth more, it's a lie. a dreadful lie.

Anther is atonement. I think, closely linked to acceptance. when you feel as though you have done something terribly wrong and you don't think that you could be forgiven and that you need to pay the price. blood to cover the trespasses. it's that way in the bible isn't it? an innocent lamb for the remission of sins. A twisted form of punishment and atonement, this is only deeper sin. Guilt is the driving force.

For some it may be demonic involvement. Demons that have been excepted into our lives may lie to use and drive us to this.

For still others it may be an escape from pain, better to hurt on the outside than on the inside, but it only lasts for a time before you explode into something much worse.

The opposite may also be true. A lack of pain. When you think that you have stopped feeling or caring. you don't care about what you do to others or about others. You. just. don't. care. and so you cut. Just to feel again.

 if you do cut. I can't beg you hard enough not to. I don't want to see others in that kind of hurt. surrender the blades, please.

there's four reasons. I don't think that that is all of them though. I'm only one person and 15 at that. I can't know everything. but if you have questions I would be happy to do my best to answer them. :)




1 comment:

Grace said...

Wow those word are so true.:0
I think people cut because they feel numb like you said so they can feel again