Sunday, November 13, 2011

the tournament I did not *intend* to compete in

I did not intend to compete in the tournament yesterday, so thirty minutes before we had to leave I got up, popped on some make up and got dressed in typical me fashion. Black jeans with a paint splotch, wedged boots, hoody and hair pulled back in a long braid.
We got to the tournament to find that there was only one person in my division and that all five or six people that she could have fought we ether not there or not competing, mostly not there. 
so, after couching the little competitors in warm ups and standing on the sidelines like a good older judoka I was called over to the head table to begin the morning's problems. :)
they wanted me to fight in the tournament as the only other opponent in the division. I think I'm becoming well know. that's the second time they've done that, moving me around in the tournament.
the first problem was finding a gi for me to wear since I hadn't brought mine.... no it wasn't it was finding my registration number. I hadn't brought my card ether so I didn't have my number on me (my questions is that every body knows me there why do I need my number?) so after and age of searching I just had to fill out a new form. :)
and then finding the gi. I ended up wearing my brother's gi pants which are way to big, my friend's brother's gi top which was also way to big and my sister's belt.


I told my friend that my fights were going to be epic but I didn't know just how epic they would be......

the first fight went ok I guess I won by ref's choice again... stink. I spent a lot of time trying to get my arms out of my sleeves, they were to long. I came off and thought I was going to be sick, I was having a hard time breathing and didn't feel good but sensie told me I could do it, that I was a strong girl soo... I went back out.

and that was my last fight of the day.....

ok, so, How did word get around that I was really sensitive about hurting people? oh well not a bad thing, just interesting when a whole bumnch of coaches and ref's and random people that I don't know start asking me if I am going to be all right and that my opponent is going to be all right, it's going to be ok.

I didn't mean to hurt her. I really didn't mean for that to happen. oh well.

Watching by the side of the mat I was told that I could do damage down at nationals, I said it looked like I was mopping up here.... more to cheer myself up than anything. funny thing was that the ref did actually get out the mop and cleaned up the mats after the chick and the medics left.

Yes, I won because I gave the girl a neck injury and she had to go to the hospital in the ambulance. She's going to be ok though. It wasn't to bad.

I feel dangerous. I also get bragging rights... I think.... I am also hoping for some promotion points since she had like.... six or seven ranks on me......

:)

4 comments:

Warrior said...

Wow. Sounds like an adventure to me. :) I have a friend who competes (I don't). And she tells me stories like that. ;)

lauren said...

first time I've ever sent some one to the hospital.... :P I hope I don't have to do it again.
it was fun.

Warrior said...

I hope you don't have to do it again either. But I'm sure it was exciting.
By the way, some of the Sith are really scared of you now.

lauren said...

my make up was a wreck by the end of the night. :0 not that that matters.